The Challenge School and its community of students, staff, and parents strive for excellence. Highlights of our accomplishments include:
- Recipient of the John J. Irwin School of Excellence Award every year since the award's inception.
- Consistently rank among top schools in Colorado on state testing.
- Ranked as one of the top schools in the state and nation according to 5280 Magazine and websites such as thebestschools.org, schooldigger.com, startclass.com, and niche.com.
- Recognized by the Colorado Arts Alliance as a "School of Excellence."
- Operate a Qualistar-rated before and after school program.
Challenge School students
- Contribute countless hours of service to our community.
- Compete and place in district, state, and national math competitions such as Math Counts, Colorado Mathematics League, American Math Competition, and University of Northern Colorado Math Contest.
- Recognized at the Denver Metro Science Fair, State Science Fair, and Broadcom Masters National Science Fair.
- Recipients of Etkin Engineering Award, Gates Mineral Club Award, and Tardis Award.
- Compete and place in Optimist Speech Club contest, National Geographic Geography Bee and district, state, and Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Produce two musicals and/or plays each year.
- Compete and place in Destination Imagination district, state, and global competitions.
- Compete and place in state and national Technology Student Association competitions.
- Compete and place in district and state Lego Robotics competitions.
- Compete and place in district chess tournaments.
Challenge School staff
- Average 20 years in education and 10 years at Challenge.
- Are highly educated: 88% of staff have at least a Master's degree, 2 staff have Education Specialist degrees and 1 has a doctorate degree.
- Consists of licensed GT specialist, LD specialist, nurse, and psychologist.
- Are talented. In current and previous careers, we have published authors, a professional actress, musicians, artists, and a professional athlete on staff.
Challenge School parents
- Volunteer thousands of hours each year.
- Support classrooms and teachers.
- Organize community events such as Fall Festival, Trivia Night, Cultural Night, Spring Festival, and more.
- Raise over $80,000 a year through our annual auction, Wolf Run, and smaller fundraisers.