School Year 2016 – 2017
Check-In is for all students in grades K - 8 and is scheduled on Wednesday, August 3, 2016 from 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. Every family is asked to be at Check-In in order to complete school paperwork and receive important information regarding the school year. Students will have their school picture taken, learn about clubs and activities, and complete a hearing screening, if required. Parents will have an opportunity to complete all paperwork, turn in Immersion driving paperwork, buy lunch credits, pay fees for the yearbook and activities, and sign up for Wolf Watch, if needed. PTCO will be there to help families know how to record volunteer hours, explain fundraising options, sell Challenge spirit wear, and collect money for the Howler and classroom party fees. Students will be able to walk around, find their classroom(s), and set up their lockers.
Times are assigned by the first letter of your family's last name. Please make every attempt to arrive during your time slot as it helps with crowd control:
Time Last Name
8:00 A.M. – 8:30 A.M. A – B
8:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. C
9:00 A.M. – 9:30 A.M. D – E
9:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M. F – G
10:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. H – J
10:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. K - L
11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. Closed for lunch
12:00 P.M. – 12:30 P.M. M
12:30 P.M. – 1:00 P.M. N – P
1:00 P.M. – 1:30 P.M. Q – R
1:30 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. S
2:00 P.M. – 2:30 P.M. T – V
2:30 P.M. – 3:00 P.M. W – Z
Middle school students unable to attend Check-In on August 3rd may complete Check-In at 7:30 A.M. on their first day of school, August 11th. Elementary school students unable to attend Check-In on August 3rd may complete Check-In at 7:30 A.M. on their first day of school, August 15th. School pictures for these students will be taken on picture retake day.
In order to prepare for the start of the 2016-17 school year, Cherry Creek Schools will once again utilize the Parent Online Forms registration system that has successfully been used for the past few years. Parents who submitted information previously can save time by accessing the system to review, update, and save information previously stored. Parents can always return to the web-based forms to update information that may change during the year (i.e. cell phone numbers, medical updates, etc.). The Cherry Creek School District will email more information about the online forms system in late June or early July.
The first step in preparing for Check-In is to complete the online forms here. The online forms must be completed prior to Open House on Wednesday, August 3rd. If they are not completed, you will be asked to complete the online registration in the computer lab before proceeding with the rest of Check-In. Once you have completed the online registration process, please click here to view and print the school forms, fill them out, and bring them with you to Check-In. These forms are also available on our school website.
In order to help plan ahead, the following fees may be collected at Check-In:
Payable in one check made out to Challenge School:
Activity Fee $10 (per student) District-wide fee to partially offset the cost of operating clubs and activities; this fee is optional.
Yearbook $26/$29 The cost of the yearbook alone is $26, with the additional insert $29; optional.
Club fees Registration fee for each club is listed; optional.
Chess Club $100
Speech & Debate $250
Payable in one check made out to Challenge Food Services:
Meal credits Varies; may also be added online at www.paypams.com.
Elementary breakfast: $1.85/day
Elementary lunch: $3.00/day
Middle school breakfast: $1.95/day
Middle school lunch: $3:15/day
Applications for free and reduced meals can be found online here. A new application must be completed every year.
Payable in one check made out to Challenge School PTCO:
Howler $5 School directory; optional
Class fees $20/child Used by the individual classes and/or teaching teams for classroom parties, Field Day activities, and field trips; optional.
Spirit wear Varies
Payable in one check made out to VanGogh School Photography:
School pictures See order form
Required forms are bold and underlined and optional forms are italicized.
STEP 1: ONLINE PARENT FORMS CONFIRMATION MAIN HALL
- Confirm Online Parent Forms complete
- Pick up Fee Payment Form
STEP 2: YEARBOOK AND TECHNOLOGY GYM
- Turn in Yearbook Order Form, if applicable, and have Fee Payment Form signed
- Turn in Technology Usage Form
STEP 3: DRIVING PAPERWORK GYM
- Turn in Request for MVR Report Form
- Turn in Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicle on School District Business Form
- Turn in copy of driver's license and insurance declaration page
STEP 4: LOCKERS AND CARPOOL GYM
- Middle school students only – turn in Locker Agreement Form and obtain locker assignment
- Turn in West Carpool Lot Form, if applicable
STEP 5: TEACHER ASSIGNMENT/CLASS SCHEDULE GYM
- Elementary students can find out the name and room number of their teachers if they don't know it.
- Middle school students only – pick up class schedule for the 2016-2017 school year
STEP 6: CLUBS GYM
- Learn about and sign up for Chess Club, Destination Imagination, and/or Speech and Debate
- Have Fee Payment Form signed for any clubs in which students register
STEP 7: NURSE GYM
- Turn in Immunization Forms, if applicable (provided by doctor's office)
- Turn in Asthma Care Plan and Medication Orders, if applicable
- Turn in Allergy and Anaphylaxis Action Plan, if applicable
- Turn in Permission to Give Prescription/Homeopathic Medication at School Form, if applicable
STEP 8: BOOKKEEPER GYM
- All fees, other than meal credits, PTCO expenses, and school pictures, should be paid with one check payable to "Challenge School". We cannot accept credit cards.
- Pay Student Activity Fee (optional): $10
- Pay for Yearbook (optional): $26/$29
- Pay for Clubs (optional):
- Chess Club: $100
- Destination Imagination: $50
- Speech and Debate: $250
STEP 9: MEAL CREDITS CAFETERIA
STEP 10: PTCO CAFETERIA
- Order a Howler (school directory)
- Pay class fees
- Purchase spirit wear
- Learn about fundraising options
- Sign up to volunteer
- Learn how to log hours
- Pay with a separate check payable to "Challenge School PTCO"
STEP 11: WOLF WATCH CAFETERIA
- Sign up for the Before and After School Program
STEP 12: STUDENT PICTURES AND ID LIBRARY
- Have picture taken for the yearbook and student ID
- Turn in VanGogh Order Form and payment, if ordering pictures (Click here for the order form)
- Pick up student ID
STEP 13: HEARING SCREENING ROOM 151 (ART)
- Students in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 must complete state-mandated hearing screening
Congratulations, you are checked in! You may now go tour the building to see where your classes will be and set up your locker if you are a middle school student.