A day of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math
Students, families, and community members from ALL Cherry Creek schools are invited to a FREE
celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math: STEAM-a-Palooza: Junkyard Challenge!
● See students build and program robots to race the clock and solve missions.
● Get your hands dirty with student and teacher-led experiments.
● Learn a new skill and explore tools and technology used in Cherry Creek classrooms.
● Learn more about what it means to be in a STEAM profession.
● Create your own magic sand, air-powered rocket, catapult, racecar, and more.
● Step outside to see a weather balloon launched into near-space, pumpkins fly through the air at
the Punkin’ Chunkin’ contest, and the Bomb Squad robot in action.
STUDENTS, STEAM-a-Palooza 2015: Junkyard Challenge will allow you to preview classes, tracks,
and programs available to you from elementary to high school, and open the door to exciting
opportunities for exploration with STEAM clubs and resources in the Cherry Creek School District!
EDUCATORS, STEAM-a-Palooza 2015: Junkyard Challenge will open the door to possibilities for
collaboration with teachers across the district at all levels, and introduce you to valuable community
resources and partners you can leverage for an incredible impact with your students!
Community members of all ages are invited to see the importance of STEAM education in our district,
the types of problems students are tackling, and what you can do to help build a better world, one
student at a time. Come for a bit. Come for the day. Get your FREE tickets at steamapalooza.com!